Here are a few things you may have heard about my next book:
• The title is Time After Time.
• It’s a sequel (and the conclusion) to Time Between Us.
• The story is told from Bennett’s point of view.
• It’s coming out in the U.S. on Tuesday, October 8!
Things you may not have heard about my next book:
• It has a playlist.
• It, in fact, has two playlists.
• I kind of love them. Actually, I might love them a lot.
I wrote both Time Between Us and Time After Time with a steady stream of music in my ears. And just like I did with the first book, I created Anna & Bennett’s Time After Time playlists to be more like a soundtrack, with songs that match up to key scenes and lyrics that give hints to the story. Anna’s playlist is pure mid-90s while Bennett’s is a broader. Ideally, there’s a little something for everyone!
Now, October 8 feels far away to me. I’m starting to get a little antsy. I figure, I might not be able to share Time After Time with all of you yet, but there’s something I can share: Anna & Bennett’s music!
A Little Help From My Friends.
I’ve had the good fortune to meet a bunch of amazing bloggers over the last year (many of them in person). Occasionally, the conversation turns to music (I love it when that happens). So I thought… who better to unveil Anna & Bennett’s songs than a bunch of music-loving YA book bloggers!
I shared the playlists with NINE of these wonderful people and asked each of them to pick their favorite off either list. I was completely blown away by their enthusiasm for this idea, and loved how each of them had a strong, immediate connection to at least one song. We’ve had so much fun putting this blog hop together over the last few weeks, and I think you’re going to love their choices!
Starting on June 10 and continuing until launch day on October 8, each one of them will reveal a song — Bennett’s on the 8th of each month and Anna’s on the 22nd.
They’ll each say a few words about why they love the lyrics, or why they think the song is relevant to the story, or why they love the band… whatever they want to say. That’s totally up to them.
You guys, they picked some incredible songs.
They have LOTS to say about why they chose them.
And, of course, they also have LOTS of signed books and other goodies to give away to YOU!
Does that sound like fun? We hope so, because we’re all pretty excited about this!
Here’s the schedule so you can play along with us:
- June 10 (Bennett): Jessica at Jessica Love Reads, Writes, Rocks
- June 24 (Anna): Jen at A Book and a Latte
- July 8 (Bennett): Jessica at Just a Book Lover
- July 22 (Anna): Alice, Lauren, and Renee at Alice Marvels
- August 8 (Bennett): Stacee at Too Fond of Books
- August 22 (Anna): Amanda at Appraising Pages
- Sept 9 (Bennett): Molli at Once Upon a Prologue
- Sept 9 (Anna): Lenore at Presenting Lenore
- Sept 22 (Anna): Christina at Ensconced in YA
- Oct 8 (Bennett): Elena at Novel Sounds
I have no idea what they’re going to say about their songs, and I can’t wait to read their posts!
NEXT MONDAY, Jessica Love — incredibly talented writer, awesome high school teacher, and big-time music freak — will be revealing the first song on Bennett’s playlist. Visit her on MONDAY at Jessica Love Reads, Writes, Rocks to hear her selection!
Watch The Playlists Grow.
And you can watch the playlists evolve HERE on the Time Between Us website and on Spotify HERE and HERE! On launch day, October 8, I’ll release both playlists, and all the songs will be in order so they’ll match up to key scenes in the book.
We hope you enjoy the music and the stories behind each songs! And good luck in the giveaways!