Tweens Read Book Festival (2017)
October 21 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm| Free
Saturday, October 21, 2017 – Tweens Read Book Festival: South Houston High School, South Houston, TX
The goal of the Tweens Read Book Festival is to celebrate and promote reading by connecting tweens with authors. The target audience for the event is students in grades 5-8. The Festival organizers seek to:
- Connect tween readers to local and national authors and illustrators.
- Encourage interaction between aspiring tween writers and established authors.
- Educate, enrich, inform, and entertain local tweens and other participants.
- Celebrate the educational and recreational benefits of tween reading and writing.
- Ignite a passion for reading and writing in the tween community.
Tweens Read uses Eventbrite to handle registration for the festival. Eventbrite allows you to register in advance and print out a Fast Pass ticket to bring with you. Upon arrival, that Fast Pass ticket allows you to enter the school much more quickly! Simply use your email address when signing up on Eventbrite, and then print out the Fast Pass ticket that you will receive by email!
Attention teachers, librarians, and principals:
If you are bringing a large group of students PLEASE register each student separately on Eventbrite. We also use Eventbrite registrations for door prizes, so if your children/students are not each registered individually by name on Eventbrite, they will not be eligible for door prizes.
Registration for Tweens Read 2017 will open after the start of school for the 2017-2018 school year.
Authors will speak on a variety of panels throughout the day. There will be five breakout time slots with a variety of panels at each time slot.
The schedule for the 2017 event will be coming in late summer of 2017. To get an idea of how the day runs, check out the 2016 schedule here.